Basic Greetings in Hiragana
For today’s blog, I will be discussing basic greetings that are used in everyday conversation. I will give 15 words that are commonly spoken or use daily.
1. おはよう à Good morning
(only use this when greeting your friends or someone younger than you)
2. おはようございます à Good morning (Polite)
( formal way of greeting. Use this when addressing your superiors, strangers or any situation that requires formality)
3. こんにちは à Good afternoon
(it also means Hello)
4. こんばんは à Good evening
5. ありがとう à Informal way of saying Thank you
(use this when saying thank you to your friends or someone younger than you)
6. ありがとうございます à formal way of saying Thank you
7. どういたしまして à You’re welcome
8. ごめんなさい à Sorry (I’m sorry)
(only use this when apologizing to someone close to you or younger than you. Don’t use this when apologizing to your superiors. this word is commonly used by children)
9. すみません à Excuse me
(it can also mean I’m sorry)
10. ちょっとまってください à Please wait for a moment
11. しょうしょうおまちください à Polite way of saying Please wait a moment.
12. いただきます à say this before eating as a sign of acceptance and gratitude. There is no literal meaning of this word in English.
13. ごちそうさまでした à Thank you for the treat.
(say this after eating or if being treated a meal offered by someone. It is a sign of gratitude. There is also no literal meaning of this word in English)
14. はい à Yes. Sure
15. いいえ à No.
That’s all for today.
This is Ringo.
If you want to learn my previous post, you can check it through the link below:
Casinos Near You - Jtm HubReplyDelete
A map 경기도 출장안마 showing casinos 논산 출장샵 and other gambling facilities 군산 출장안마 located near you in the United States. Find addresses, see maps, read real customer reviews and Mar 3, 2020 · Uploaded 속초 출장마사지 by 김포 출장안마 Marriott Travel